The college aims at holistic development of the students so as to make them employable and self-reliant as well as responsible member of the society. The main objective of the college is not only to impart knowledge to the students, but also to instill human values in them.
Govt College Kullu, situated on the right bank of River Beas, has one of the most picturesque scenic spot for experiencing the teaching-learning activities. The college has successfully completed 49 years of its existence. It was established on 8th July, 1967 with an aim to disseminate quality education to the youth of Kullu Valley and to shape the youth by inculcating in them the ethos of tradition and change. The college caters to the needs of students of Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Mandi Districts. The college is affiliated to H.P. University, Shimla. At present it runs graduate courses in Arts, Science and Commerce, Post graduate courses in M.A. English and Economics, B.C.A. and B.B.A. There are well equipped computer lab, well stocked library and hostels facilities for boys and girls. The college has established a glorious record of excellence and notable achievements in academics, sports, cultural and other fields.The college aims at the overall personality development of the students and equipping them for quality life. Highly qualified and well experienced faculty members make continuous and concentrated efforts in shaping the future of the students. We provide excellent facilities in the field of sports also.
New facilities provided to the students recently:
- New Building for college was inaugurated in Oct 2016 giving college 14 new classrooms, 1 big multipurpose hall, new canteen, sports room, boys and girls common rooms.
- Parking lot has been constructed for college.
- Men and Women restrooms in Science Building were repaired including water systems in Department of Geography and Botany.
- Boys hostel roof and outside area, the entire roof of the library building, the entire exterior of the science block, classrooms of tour & travel, staff room and Restrooms of BCA department was repaired and painted.
- Girls Hostel bathrooms were repaired. Cross fence gate was constructed for the protection of students. Outside transformer were protected with iron railing.
- With UGC grant CCTV were installed in the entire college & hostels. Library books were purchased. Computers were purchased for Hindi and Botany Department. New mike and sound system was purchased for college.
- Leveling the playing field has been done with water drainage and seating benches were installed for students.
- physics and chemistry labs were renovated, including tiling and repair of water system
- AC system were installed in BCA.
- staff room was renewed.
- The entire science building's electricity supplied was repaired.
- Last year because of the rainy season college road was severely damaged. Dhalpur vehicle parking in the grounds of the municipal committee was made available. Under the first PTA meeting college road was repaired with stone retaining wall and a 80m-long cement road was made for the drain.
- Full boundary repair of Tribal Girl Hostel.
Page 1 of 2